Columbia, Maryland • May 31, 2013
The Howard Tech Council today announced finalists and winners of its 2013 Annual Technology Awards. The finalists and winners were selected from dozens of entries and were judged in the categories of HTC ACTiVATE™ Award for Innovative Women in Technology; Green Technology Company of the Year; Healthcare Technology Company of the Year; HACKIT (Howard County Affinity for Cyber Knowledge and Intelligence Talks) Award; Emerging Technology Company of the Year; HTC Superstar of the Year Award.
“The competition this year was tough because of all of the groundbreaking work and innovation occurring within our vibrant technology community,” said Patrick Wynn, Director of the HTC. “The judging panel was unanimously impressed with the quality of the submissions. It ultimately came down to a selection of the best of the best. I applaud all of the stellar entries and our finalists and winners.”
Winners and finalists are:
- HTC ACTiVATE™ Award for Innovative Women in Technology • Unbound Concepts –Winner • Advancing Synergy • Group Z
- Green Technology Company of the Year • Mosaic Power – Winner • Indigo Print • Terrapin Adventures
- Healthcare Technology Company of the Year • Vasoptic Medical – Winner • i3 Analytics • 7Delta
- HACKIT (Howard County Affinity for Cyber Knowledge and Intelligence Talks) Award • Light Point Security – Winner • AirPatrol • Intelligenesis
- Emerging Technology Company of the Year • MindGrub – Winner • Light Point Security • Morton Photonics
- HTC Superstar of the Year Award • Webmechanix – Winner • Tactical Network Solutions • AirPatrol
The finalists and winners will be honored during an awards ceremony from 5:30-8:30 p.m., June 11 at The Gathering Place, 6120 Day Long Lane, Clarksville, MD. The keynote speaker for the awards ceremony will be Scott Case, Cofounder of Priceline.com and CEO of Startup America. For more information about the 2013 Howard Tech Council Awards or to become a member of the HTC, call 410-313-7242, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.howardtechcouncil.org.