Carroll Technology Council Scholarship Program Overviews
The laptop application process has closed.
ALL applicants will be notified the week of July 10th in regards to a decision.
The Carroll Technology Council awards scholarships or grants to assist in the educational advancement of public school students who display natural abilities in STEM education. Carroll Technology Council is a non-profit IRS-501 (c) (3) public charity.
The Carroll Tech Council currently has two scholarship or grant offerings.
The Scott M. Adelman Memorial Scholarship is a non-renewable gift paid to the organization providing the course of study on behalf of a deserving student/individual to use towards schooling, vocational activity or a camp with a technology focus.
The second, a physical gift of new Dell Laptop Computers which will be given directly to the student (limited to 100 applicants) for personal and educational use. This is a rolling application period based on submissions and availability.
The Selection Committee will determine which students will receive the scholarships, grants or computers.
The following criteria must be met for the Scott M. Adelman Memorial Scholarship:
- Must attend a public elementary, middle or high school within the Carroll County Maryland.
- Must write 300-word essay explaining why you should receive the Scott M. Adelman Memorial Scholarship and how it would assist you in attending schooling, vocational activity or a camp with a technology focus.
All applications for the Scott M. Adelman Memorial Scholarship must be received by May 15, 2017. Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for awards. Notification of committee’s decision will be made no later than June 3, 2017.
The following criteria must be met for the Dell Laptop Computers
- Must live in and attend a public middle, high school or college within the Carroll County, Maryland.
- Must have a B average or better in core classes with a 3.0 GPA.
- Must be on a STEM learning track.
- Must submit copy of most recent report card with application.
- Must write a 300-word essay explaining why you should receive a laptop computer. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for awards. Limited to 100 applicants and to be used for personal and educational use. This is a rolling application period based on submissions and availability. Notification of committee’s decision will be made and students will be notified if they have been selected to arrange pick up.