The Carroll Technology Council in partnership with Ting Makerspace: Westminster & Carroll County Public Library invite youth 13 to 18 years & adults to participate in the Gadget Challenge. Design and create a unique gadget or assistive device to solve an everyday problem using makerspace technology and tools. Weekly check-ins will guide you through the six week design & fabrication process, culminating in the judging event to pitch your gadget.
Other important dates include:
Saturday, April 20 between 10am-6pm
- Step 1 Check-In @ Ting Makerspace – Design: plan and design your gadget, sketch your ideas and plan materials
Saturday, April 27 between 10am-6pm
- Step 2 Check-In @ Ting Makerspace – Start Building: start fabrication of components and initial gadget construction
Saturday, May 4 between 10am-6pm
- Step 3 Check-In @ Ting Makerspace – Continue Building: continued construction, fabrication, and testing
Saturday, May 11 between 10am-6pm
- Step 4 Check-In @ Ting Makerspace – Finish and Test: complete your gadget build and begin planning your presentation
Saturday, May 18 between 10am-6pm
- Step 5 Check-In @ Ting Makerspace – Prepare the Presentation: final gadget check and presentation practice
Wednesday, May 29 at 6pm
- Pitch Party @ Boys & Girls Club of Westminster – Present your gadget and check out the competition in a fun and casual setting
If you have any questions in the meantime please contact Holly at email@example.com or 443-244-1262.